Configured as a platform for the MicaSense RedEdge 5-band sensor, shown here with downwelling light sensor and GPS mounted above.
- Estimated flight time: with the RedEdge mounted, 8 minutes is about the max.
- Default maximum altitude 46 m AGL, can extend to FAA maximum of 120 m (rule is <400 feet).
- Payload capacity 450 g
- Cruise speed 8 m/s, max 15 m/s
- Wind speed limitation 11 m/s (25 mph)
- Operating temperature 0° C to 45° C (32° F - 113° F)
Note: Research or educational use requires a FAA-certified remote pilot on the field team and project approval by the SFSU UAS Review Board.
Small section of Knuthson Meadow captured with this camera, showing false color with NIR Red-Edge and Red shown as R G B. Aquatic vegetation shows up distinctly as green from red-edge signal, for instance.