- A.B. English, Syracuse University, 1952
- M.A. Geography, Syracuse University, 1957
- Ph.D. Geography, University of Wisconsin, 1963
Appointments at SFSU:
- Assistant Professor of Geography 1962-1968
- Associate Professor of Geography 1968-1972
- Professor of Geography 1972-94?
Professional Organization Service
- CGS Board member and President
- co-author of the HGSP unit
- Co-chair of Local Arrangements Committee, SF 1970.
- Member of Local Arrangements Committee, LA
- Presented papers at quadrennial congresses in Tokyo, Washington, D C, and at a Rural Development conference in Jerusalem.
- Geography of Japan
- Cultural Geography
- Geography of Ethnic Communities
- Water for the Cities: SF & LA -- trans-Sierra to Inyo County
- Basic San Francisco (AAG 1970 and 1994)
- Fog and Fault (AAG 1970 and 1994)
- SF at Night
- California Delta
- Central Valley: Fresno to SF
- Japan and SE Asia (ran once through Extension)